The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my journey built the stand for my 48inch long 26 inch wide and 24 inch high it has a sump in another room but i plan on not using it heres what i got so far

substrate
100 watt rena heat cable
5litre bags of jbl aquabasis 3 of
25litre bag of jbl manado 1 of

heaters i have
300watt 2 of

filter
going to run to fluvals 305 or 405 2 of them when i go and get them
i have a small 105 at the moment
not sure what to have in them but will do my research in them

lighting i
going to be 4 54watt t5 lights
at the moment it is 4 39watt t5s

anything i forgot please let me know
pics coming today :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
cable heating all done can someone tell me are ehiems the best filter to go for from what i have read they are the best

That's a pretty big debate. A lot of people like Rena/Fislstar XP series, a lot of people like Fluval's....

but for my money, Eheims are the best. The classic series is a beast: great filtration, excellent quality, long term reliability. I also like the Eheim Pro II series.

On my 48"x24"x25" I'm currently putting together, I'll be running two Eheim Pro II 2028s.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
What kind of direction do you think you want to go with this tank?

Stems are always nice, but with high light and co2 they'll require a lot of work in a tank like this....as in, there will be a lot of stems and they'll grow very quickly.

For my 120g tank, I'm planning on lots and lots of slow growers: crypts, anubias, bolbitis and maybe some stems here and there, but not many. I've got a 60 cm tank upstairs that is more or less my stem tank. A lot smaller and easier to tend.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.