The Planted Tank Forum banner
695 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ThePlantedBoy 
#1 ·
After this whole thing going on in the world ends, I plan to get the larger tank I have been anxiously waiting for- with one goal in mind. Keeping leopoldi angelfish. I've been on the hunt for them and I found a source which can bring in some. Now the tanks I have in mind are a 40 breeder or a 33/40 long. Can't go bigger since parents are weight sensitive about my tanks. I've received various opinions on them, saying that they need 4 ft, fine in a 3ftx18" and whatnot. I would assume they would be fine in a 3ft since the 40 breeder has a larger floorplan, which would be great for the angels these guys are- but apparently 4 ft spread out aggression better- opinions? What makes sense?

#2 ·
Angels require a deeper tank. If you are contrasting a 40 breeder with a 33/40 long- go with the deepest tank. While these angels do not get as long/tall as the scalare or altums angels, they still will get about 4-5" tall. So, a taller tank is ideal.

Leopoldi are much more aggressive than scalare or altum varieties when establishing a pecking order and spawning. Make sure have zones of rock and wood so the subordinate fish have markers to retreat to when the dominant fish get-- well, dominate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.