The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I always check my laundry for coins, wallet, phone before I do laundry.
I heard a little *clink* one time as something fell on the floor, thought it was a coin. However it was a olive nerite.

Must've been in my clothes for at least a week. Poor guy got left on a towel I was using to transfer DW.

He felt a little heavy and had a protective hard layer over the shell opening. What the hell I thought, and tossed him in the tank. 2 days later he was moving again.

So I'd say at least a week.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always check my laundry for coins, wallet, phone before I do laundry.
I heard a little *clink* one time as something fell on the floor, thought it was a coin. However it was a olive nerite.

Must've been in my clothes for at least a week. Poor guy got left on a towel I was using to transfer DW.

He felt a little heavy and had a protective hard layer over the shell opening. What the hell I thought, and tossed him in the tank. 2 days later he was moving again.

So I'd say at least a week.
Good story. :) I ask as one of my olives jumped ship while I was asleep. First time this happened to me, and I think he only jumped out because the tank was filled to the brim. He probably got overly happy cleaning the side of the tank and accidentally jumped the fence.

Once I awoke, I put him back in the tank and after about twenty minutes he began to move very slowly. Overall, he seems to be fine, but I just wanted to make sure. Good to know that they can survive without water for so long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.