The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I bought a bunch of lemon tetras a couple of months ago. Their finage is great, but there bodies are really drab. I just saw a bunch at the lfs with a really nice yellow colored body (honestly had no idea about how they were supposed to look!). Any particular foods that may enhance their color? Also I am ordering new bulbs which will probably help. Otherwise the fish are thriving. Just wish they were good to look at.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If they are young, you may just have to wait for them to mature before they color up. I breed a batch of them 4 months ago. They are just getting over 1". The finnage looks great, but like yours, they haven't yellowed up yet.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hopefully they will color up then. I feel like I have seen a lot of batches go through the lfs in the area. I was just shocked the other day when I saw the newest batch actually had a nice lemon colored body. Honestly didn't even realize that was what they were supposed to look like!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.