The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Nice wood. I don't like that the two upright bits are symmetrical though. Can you move it to the left? Be even better if there weren't 2 points, that is too symmetrical as well. Then I would plant the sword plants behind it and put the anubias on the wood near the bottom. In a couple months the swords will be full and in a couple more months they will be overpowering the tank and that side of the tank will be too full! You could make the red leaved plant on the left into a bush on the left hand side by trimming off the bare bottoms to the stems and planting them about an inch apart.

I like the hairgrass in front of the wood but you may end up having to cut it back as sometimes it grows quite tall or you could rearrange the wood so it is taller. I like the Rotala behind the wood too, looks nice and healthy.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure i understand what youre saying about the symmetry of the wood. i think you are talking about the wood on the right, right? i want to keep the one on the right where its at but i am willing to move the one on the left to the left side. maybe i can have it do a 180 and make it look like its tree roots in the ground.

my other thought is removing the other piece of wood and just add more hairgrass or some micro sword

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Oh, two pieces of wood. The top points are the same height so they form a square dead center in the tank, not so artistic. Moving the left hand wood so the point isn't at the same level as the right hand wood would be nice and swords look nice planted near wood. The top point of the right hand wood is in a good spot at about 1/3 of the way along the length of the tank. I do like the way the right hand wood is set up but the hairgrass will overpower it in time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i think it will be nice if you add depth effect and focus point to your scape, it can be done by sloping your substrate from the back (higher substrate) to the front, or mound the substrate at one side (rule of third placement is better, just goggle to find more), then arrange the woods and plants at one spot to create focus point, dont just scatter them around the tank. well, thats just my humble opinions, good luck :)

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
I like how the driftwood "frames" the Rotala rotundifolia bush on the right side.

However, the two pieces still look to symmetrical to me. Have you thought about flipping the one of the left side so it lays down? Try putting the stump near the back left corner. Experiment with the placement of the driftwood on the left side a bit and post another pic. :)

Good start!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.