7,563 Posts
+1
I could use something similar.

v3

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Thank you friend.
That lamp does not seem to put out much light at all but I am still tempted - I like the way it looks. What's another $26 down the same drain?

v3

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies I see that the dolphin is a rather weak light, and I have since returned my nano for what is about a 15 gallon tank. I feel that my nano just wasn't enough to hold all of the species that I wanted to keep. As of now, I think I might go with a finnex fixture.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
I have a different Beamswork fixture that claims 300 lumens. I don't see how the 14 in in the link to Amazon claims 360, but has the same 0.2 volt LED's. Mine has 54 LED's and it is OK for lower (not anubus/java fern low light). If it indeed has the same LED's, just 18, or 1/3 of my fixture, there is no way that thing is going to cut it. I could be wrong, maybe they use different LED's but the look the same, are rated the same, and are by the same manufacture so I wouldn't count on that working.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a different Beamswork fixture that claims 300 lumens. I don't see how the 14 in in the link to Amazon claims 360, but has the same 0.2 volt LED's. Mine has 54 LED's and it is OK for lower (not anubus/java fern low light). If it indeed has the same LED's, just 18, or 1/3 of my fixture, there is no way that thing is going to cut it. I could be wrong, maybe they use different LED's but the look the same, are rated the same, and are by the same manufacture so I wouldn't count on that working.
Thanks, yeah guess you get what you pay for with both the dolphin and the beamswork lights

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
I dud order the dolphin light, I should get it mid next week. I'll do a quick write-up on it just for laughs.

v3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts