The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone school me on LED lights? I'm looking to do LED's over my new 65 tall (24" high).

I'm looking at going planted, but don't want to do CO2 (at this time, that might change in the future).

·
Registered
55 Posts
LEDs are quite simple really, the watts per gallon rule doesnt work out quite the same as it did with T5's etc and is more based on the PAR rating from what I understand.

I personally have always stuck with LEDs, I have a Current Satellite Freshwater LED+, a Finnex Planted+, a Fluval Planted LED, and a Wave Point 6" Daylight LED. The best one out of the bunch personally is the Finnex Planted+. But from what Ive read it might be a little too much without CO2. The Current is nice, and customizable. It might work out better if your planning on not doing CO2. I would check the PAR ratings however for that depth of a tank.

·
Registered
102 Posts
From my questioning on the same topic the planted plus should be fine on a tall aquarium without injecting co2. The sat+ (which I have) might be a little weak. I have a standard 55g and was told that the planted + would be great for it w/o co2. I do dose excel though. I went with the sat plus for the gimmicks plus I figured if I wanted more light in the future I'd just add a second fixture

1 - 3 of 3 Posts