The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on starting up a tank very similar to the on in this youtube video:

I do want to keep the aesthetic and use the lamp set up, but was curious whether using one of the corn row LED lights was really necessary b/c it seems REALLY bright given that the only submerged plants are likely to be anubias and buce, and those will be quite close to the surface. Planned emersed plants would be spathiphyllum, clubmoss, and bolbitis. Maybe some red root floaters as well.

Essentially, I'm wondering if a single 60 watt 5000k LED bulb would be sufficient for this tank.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Definitely do not use a corncob bulb, WAAAAY too much light for that kind of tank. A 60 watt equivalent (probably 9 actual watts) led bulb will work fine for a small tank. The issue being spread of light and depth of tank. If you are using a tank like the one in the video that will work fine. I've run 3 different tanks on bulbs now. Two of those are still running and am planning to run a much bigger tank on 3 bulbs. My recommendation is to buy a BR30 style smart bulb because it provides more light then you will need but you can easily dim it using an app on your phone. If you don't want to have even that option for excess light then buy an A19 style smart bulb instead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.