The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 7 gallon aquascape, and I am not sure if its light is quite bright enough... It is the Aquatop Nano-Sky 7 gallon and It comes with a 7 watt LED but it says "equivalent to 24W power compact bulb". Here is the tank; the site has the dimensions of the tank:
Amazon.com : AquaTop Nano-Sky Complete Aquarium System, 7 Gallon (NS-7G) : Aquatop Nano Sky : Pet Supplies
Do you guys think that the light would be bright enough for medium to low light plants? The cryptocoryne spiralis I have in behind my driftwood is looking kind of white/light-greenish, which may be a result of bad lighting, but my cryptocoryne wendtii and dwarf sag look fine. Also, how do you tell how bright an LED is since watts don't really apply like cfl bulbs? Some one told me that it is measured by the wattage of each little bulb...is this true and if so how do you do it?

Here are some pics of the tank right now (ignore the algae and the limpet snails :grin2:):

Bump: Also, if it isn't bright enough, I was thinking of trying this light:
http://goo.gl/5L08Az

Would this light work? What level of light would it give my tank (low/medium/bright)?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
Hello? Anybody here?
The light you are looking at is not much different than the light you have now...

either one is ok for a low tech 7 gal tank..
Knowing that photos don't always tell the truth but the color is more "reef centric" than is usually used..

What is the width of the tank?

I see you already have a dead row of led's..

a 16" stingray will add more light and better color..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Finnex-Stin...1ab69e&pid=100338&rk=1&rkt=18&sd=201188914597

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank is 17.7" Wide x 6.7" x 13.7" Tall.

The one row of what appears to be dead bulbs is actually where the screws are to hold the protective bottom face of the light. Also, plants use light mainly from the red and blue spectrum, so I don't think it would be too blue, would it?

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
The tank is 17.7" Wide x 6.7" x 13.7" Tall.

The one row of what appears to be dead bulbs is actually where the screws are to hold the protective bottom face of the light. Also, plants use light mainly from the red and blue spectrum, so I don't think it would be too blue, would it?
No, but humans usually don't like it that blue... ;)
Personal choice....and little red doesn't exactly present the plants in a good light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.