The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 of these from when I started veggies indoors.

I don't understand LEDs when it comes to plants, especially aquatic plants. So, I need your help in figuring out what this light is possible of growing & at what depths.

I currently have one over a 10gal. The purple glow is nauseating, but it seems to be growing what's in the tank.

Husband bought 2 plants, both seem to be high light needing plants. Ugh. But the ones directly under the 12in square aren't melting, while the ones off to the side are. So, started moving the light over each day to reach the edge plants. Light is laying directly on the frame of the tank, btw.

How long do LEDs work on growing plants before they're too weak? I know normal bulbs need changing every 6mo, but I can't find any solid standard for LEDs.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075JFPLY1/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o1_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, I'm interested in finding out what's needed to grow medium light plants that are in a 24in deep tank.

If they last years, I may want to switch to them. But they're crazy expensive, so they must last years to bother with.

Do they make 6 foot long LED lights? True 70 inches of LEDs. I'd probably need to use two rows, maybe even 3, to get the amount of strength that is needed?
I currently use two 4ft, 2 bulb each, old school shop lights over my 6ft 125gal tank. It's been more than enough for the plants I keep.

I never use CO2, too much fiddling & cost. I do use diy root tabs and liquid ferts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
13,080 Posts
EVO Quad 72 6500K LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant 96x 3W Free 2x Timers
2 ratings
$299.95/eaFree Shipping

72" light...

Another one but 72" is out of stock.

Beamswork DA Full Spectrum LED Aquarium Fish Light Multi Color 20 24 30 36 48 72

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.