The Planted Tank Forum banner

LED Lights in Canada

7K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  rafini 
#1 ·
Has anyone imported any LED light fixtures from the US?

I'm looking to buy a Twinstar or the Finnex 24/7, but curious if anyone has had them shipped over the border (what was the duty? Tax? etc.)

Any help or info is greatly appreciated - everything available here seems way expensive.

#4 ·
At least in my city there is very poor selection. I know one place that carries radion and kessel but you will pay dearly for them. eg. cut and pasted below.

Ecotech Radion XR30W PRO G4 LED Light Fixture
$1100.00

Kessil AP700
$1200.00

There is no real middle of the road here. Fluval and few others but not much else. Finnex or beamswork is not available in Canada to my knowledge.

Dan

#10 ·
I know this is an old thread but just wanted to mention...if you don't mind diy, in Montreal you can go to the bulk electronics store Addison and pick up decent leds for 2$ (!) I bought one (it's 4 leds 6500k in one plastic block with a sticky back) with the converter it was 10$. It provides medium light for my 5g . It's not the prettiest, I have it taped to a plexi lid but it works fine :) they are sold in ribbon so you can buy as many as you need already wired.

When I asked for the led the employee replied matter of factly 'for an aquarium ? Yeah they're quite popular for that' so it's not like I can take credit for the idea haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.