The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if it is ok to ask for a LED build for a 55 long gallon tank.
Just need something around medium lighting.

It's just going to be some crypts, rotala, some moss, and dhg for foreground.

Thanks for anyone's input. :)

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
A finned fugeray 48" would certainly suit that requirement.I would not consider the marine land double bright led fixtures unless you were intending to run multiple lamps. They would definitely be low light.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I use twenty four 3 watt LED emitters running at 670 mA on my 75g tank. It's about four inches off the tank and probably ought to be a couple inches higher as it's a bit bright. Plant growth has been excellent.

A dozen Cree emitters running at 1 amp, mounted to a 48" aluminum "yard stick" would probably suit your needs. I suggest spending the extra $10 or so for a dimming driver.

There is a thread on here somewhere that covers that. I've spent ten minutes looking for it though, with no success.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive got a bunch of crypts in my 55 gallon if youre looking for some
Thank you but I have plenty of crypts also :)

I use twenty four 3 watt LED emitters running at 670 mA on my 75g tank. It's about four inches off the tank and probably ought to be a couple inches higher as it's a bit bright. Plant growth has been excellent.

A dozen Cree emitters running at 1 amp, mounted to a 48" aluminum "yard stick" would probably suit your needs. I suggest spending the extra $10 or so for a dimming driver.

There is a thread on here somewhere that covers that. I've spent ten minutes looking for it though, with no success.
I have never done DIY LED lights before so this sounds doable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts