The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had much luck with lower lighting during the morning/evenings like kind of just enough to see? Is this a recipe for disaster, or are there any rules of thumb to look for? Red light/Blue light is cool/avoid? Really any experience would be cool to hear.

I just picked up a fancy new programmable light and may be a bit in over my head.

I'm coming from a finnex 24/7 to some freshwater ai primes if that helps/matters.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
Has anyone had much luck with lower lighting during the morning/evenings like kind of just enough to see? Is this a recipe for disaster, or are there any rules of thumb to look for? Red light/Blue light is cool/avoid? Really any experience would be cool to hear.

I just picked up a fancy new programmable light and may be a bit in over my head.

I'm coming from a finnex 24/7 to some freshwater ai primes if that helps/matters.
Most of what you are concerned with is cosmetic.

My "go to" personal color progression is first just red(for 15min) followed by a ramp in of warm white, followed by all the other colors ramping in till about noonish where I'll cut the red (warm white) a bit to make the light more blue white, reverse till night.

Does it do things better growth/color wise.. ????

Technically one has infinite choices of patterns based on personal preference.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of what you are concerned with is cosmetic.

My "go to" personal color progression is first just red(for 15min) followed by a ramp in of warm white, followed by all the other colors ramping in till about noonish where I'll cut the red (warm white) a bit to make the light more blue white, reverse till night.

Does it do things better growth/color wise.. ????

Technically one has infinite choices of patterns based on personal preference.

Oh no, I'm talking 100% cosmetic. I'm used to six hours of light, but is eight hours of additional dim light going to cause problems? Like 1-3 watts, just enough to kind of see in there and have the tank look pretty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts