The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to upgrade my 10 gallon to a 26 gallon tank and have been debating diffferent LED lighting options. I currently have a 18" current planted + along with an arduino controller, i plan on using this light along side another light that will only come on a few hours a day. I want to have med-high light enough to carpet plants and red plants to color up. I believe this could be accomplished by a PAR of 50-60 at the substrate. The tank is 20" tall. Some options im considering are below and would love some thoughts and opinions. The planted + should put out around 25 par at this depth alone.

A) Finnex planted + should put me right around my range

B) finnex ray 2 a little expensive, right spectrum

C) another planted +, may not fit on top at the low end of lighting needs

D) BML, not budget friendly, will do the job but rather save money and spend on other parts of the build

E) Currents new E-Series, if this light ever comes out would expect it to do the job but probably will be a bit pricey.

Thanks for your input and feel free to suggest other options!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Instead of going with a commercial fixture have you thought about doing a DIY build? You'd probably want to just build an all inclusive fixture and then use your current light on a growout tank, backup, or something else.

You can also over build it and use a dimmer to adjust it to exactly what you want. Then, if you find your needs change in the future you can adjust your fixture to suit.

The place I got my products from what a sponsor here, LEDGroupBuy.

Here are links to my threads if you want a reference.

Plan Thread

Build Thread

Also, I made a video on my channel of my build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJXT0-fTTxU

·
Registered
30 Posts
You ladies and gents in the US are soo lucky for what LED options are on offer. Our cheapest options for a 4ft is over $700! There is no Finnex here and getting things like that or Buildmyled shipped costs a fortune. Shipping via Amazon for Finnex isn't cheap and you don't get warranty...

Tapatalk Note 3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.