The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 335 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
This would have to be done graphically, and i dont want to have to make a new graphic every time i add a new fixture to the list. Fixtures with coverage charts will be just sourced to like the SKKYE lights are. Adding a bunch of extra information in text format to each line would make this much harder to read though too. If someone can think of a better way to do it, by all means let me know!
But without coverage, the data given is of very little meaning, because the LEDs are angular and most fixtures are length wise and thus 6 inches off center is very different from the center value. Furthermore, 6 inches to the left vs 6 inches to front is a big difference too. We need to find a precise way of charting them.

· Registered
345 Posts
Reasonable.

Coverage is going to vary from fixture to fixture, depending on fixture size and array layout. Patterns are never going to be the same between all fixtures, as they have multiple light sources. So there is really no way i can think of to accurately chart every manufacturers coverage in an easily readable format. Especially considering this is just dug up information, we would have to contact every manufacturer and get PAR data at different depths and offsets or just do it ourselves, which would be wayyyy beyond anything im willing to do.

This is really meant to be a place to come to get an idea of what a fixture is capable of that someone may be looking at buying, without having to go through all the research that i did to find this information out.

· Registered
345 Posts
Im now noticing that you don't have a website for information on your products. Could you put up some kind of site I can link to for consumer direction? The par values don't help anyone if they can't access the product.
LOL, true!:biggrin:

We are building a new site so please excuse our appearance. And not all links are functioning yet. :) :(
http://www.wingoled.com/sample-page/

Contact info are available in the site adn we are happy to answer any inquires or support questions and we can direct you to dealers nearest you or internet sellers.

· Registered
345 Posts
another question for those who uses par 38 = any suggestions on how far to hang it above the tank (thinking of getting a 25gal(24x12x20) and planning to keep plants that require high light)? which angle is better?
60 degree.

If you are using 2 15x1W 6,700K type PAR bulbs and space them 12" apart,
you get an estimated PAR along the center axis:

58+(left), 102(under the bulb), 116(center), 102(under the bulb), 58+(right),

when the lights are set 30 inch from the bottom of your tank.

The front and the back of the tank is expected to be 58+

1 - 10 of 335 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.