The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on setting up a 7.5 Gallon planted/shrimp tank. I would like to use LED lighting with it and I found this on ebay:

Up Aqua LED Light

[Ebay Link Removed]

Will this provide enough light for a 12x12x12 tank with plants??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Par 30

I don't think that will be enough light. I also just ordered a 7.5 cube and am looking for LED's. I made a fixture for my 14 gallon biocube but freshwater is not as light demanding, though more than the light shown there. I'm thinking about ordering one from boostled.com they have a bulb and nice looking lamp for $105. It is more than whats on ebay for many things but of higher quality. I called them and the guy there told me that they would be getting in new color combos this week or next week (3 cool white and 2 neutral white).

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had Mr. Aqua 7.5g and grew corals w/ a ecoxotic panaorama 13w led module. You might have to get it above your tank several inches though..it's a very powerful light. Omly 1 watt leds but lots of em' and closely spaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.