The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I just bought 2 of these for my 75 gallon. Not a high tech setup and just starting to plant my scape, but the coloring from the lights are awesome. Glad I went with the Finnex ALCs I debated for about 3 weeks and finally pulled the trigger, wish I had done it sooner!
I highly recommend if you are not running C02 to make sure you dial the lights way down at their max brightness lol. I can see these creating an algae farm in a non co2 tank. I have mine running at 80% with full fertilizers, and co2 and I am still getting some algae.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I highly recommend if you are not running C02 to make sure you dial the lights way down at their max brightness lol. I can see these creating an algae farm in a non co2 tank. I have mine running at 80% with full fertilizers, and co2 and I am still getting some algae.
Yep at the moment I'm only using one set on a custom 24/7 program with darkness from 9p-9a. The second light is only on for ~30 or so minutes a day for feeding or if I'm doing maintenance. Once I get my CO2 setup I plan on running both together on the same 9a-9p schedule.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2x AI Prime freshwater is good enough for high light on my 75. I think they are a little better than the fluval, because they keep track of time in event of power loss better.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts