The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 225 gallon tank (30" Deep). The left 2ft has a decent amount of plants (Low Tech). The center 2ft is empty. The right 2ft has some rocks and a few small low light plants. I'm currently lighting the left 2ft planted section with T5HO, but am looking to upgrade to LED. Can anyone recommend a 24in long LED fixture that can handle most plants at 30in Depth? Looking to spend in the $100-$200 range. Anything more and it makes since to just stick with the T5HO. I was looking at the Fuge Ray II but that doesn't seem to be powerful enough for 30in Depth. Thank You!

BTW - I had an extra Reef Breeders LED from my reef tank laying around so I turned off the actinics and turned up the whites and almost all plants started to die off within days, so I went back to the T5HO.

·
Registered
12,735 Posts
I have a 225 gallon tank (30" Deep). The left 2ft has a decent amount of plants (Low Tech). The center 2ft is empty. The right 2ft has some rocks and a few small low light plants. I'm currently lighting the left 2ft planted section with T5HO, but am looking to upgrade to LED. Can anyone recommend a 24in long LED fixture that can handle most plants at 30in Depth? Looking to spend in the $100-$200 range. Anything more and it makes since to just stick with the T5HO. I was looking at the Fuge Ray II but that doesn't seem to be powerful enough for 30in Depth. Thank You!

BTW - I had an extra Reef Breeders LED from my reef tank laying around so I turned off the actinics and turned up the whites and almost all plants started to die off within days, so I went back to the T5HO.
buildmyled XB @24" would be at the top of your price range.
Can't see a reason for the plant die off by shutting off the actinics though.. The reefbreeders is far from a bad LED setup.. even w/ out the actinic channel..

You might be cheaper off seeing if the manuf can reconfigure it for you.. i.e swap out the actinics..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i'm going to let my plants recover a bit and try some different settings with the LED again. Maybe I should pick up a solder gun and some LED's and swap some blue LED's myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts