The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy an LED fixture that isn't outrageous in price. I want to do a planted tank but don't really have experience with plants. I am doing Angels and German blue Rams. Supposedly those fish prefer filtered light so I was thinking taller growing plants to filter the light? I have a 37 gallon so it's taller/deeper. Suggestions for plants would be great. Also, do I need to worry about high spectrum red LEDs? (650nm+) or will I be fine with 6500k+ white LEDs for plant growth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the Finnex Ray2 series. You can always use some floating plants like frogbit to create a bit of shade. With this light and CO2, you will be able to grow most plants. I like to keep rams in acidic water, their natural environment. The angels like it too.

Mike

·
Registered
752 Posts
Co2 isn't necessary, just many advise it. A lot of it comes down to what plants you want in the tank.

With most eBay items you will either have to see if someone has tried it or try it yourself.

The only concern I would have is reaching the bottom of the tank.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
How necessary is C02?
Co2 is dependent on your tank size. On a 55g or a 75g (using a ray 2 or a planted+ 24/7), or anything that is shorter, co2 is a must. I have a ray 2 on my 55g, and I can grow almost anything, except glosso and rotala macrandra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.