1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
38 Posts
Probably not that good.. Try these, ive heard great things about them and have one on order right now ( just a 10w one)

·
Registered
360 Posts
How would these bar lights work for planted aquarium lighting? They have a 5500K rating
Not at all. Maybe as a moonlight feature.

Those flood lights wotk but it´s better just to build your own. Google "diy multi chip led aquarium light" or something similar. Or you could just go with a par38 led buld, they are proven.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, looks like I'll have to put it off since I've never worked with circuits before outside of class.
I'm looking for a way to replace the lighting fixtures on my 5gal and 3gal because the 5gal has weak LEDs and the 3gal's broke

·
Registered
12,735 Posts
Sorry thought i copied it. They have 10,20,30,50,75 and100w believe depending in how deep your tank is. You can buy some with plugs already attached which cost a little more but if your handy you can just get some plugs and wire it yourself. There isnt a on/ switch so you will need a timer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007HZEJG2/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1418598776&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70
Those generally have a high failure rate.. not recommended..
But then again ..for $10 it would be worth a try w/ the 10W ones..

They are easy enough to repair...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Okay, looks like I'll have to put it off since I've never worked with circuits before outside of class.
I'm looking for a way to replace the lighting fixtures on my 5gal and 3gal because the 5gal has weak LEDs and the 3gal's broke
Those are pretty small tanks so building a high light multi chip led light for them is pretty cheap and straight farward. I dont know your age, technical or financial resources but you should be able to solder a light togerther in an hour or so as long as you are catious and follow online tutorials.

The parts needed, for say a 20w light, are maybe ten bucks on the well known internet store provider.

Edit: a safer and simpler method would be just to buy a 18w e27 par38 led bulb. Just mount a e27 over the tank and plug it in - done :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts