The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been looking for some cool lamps to go with some bowls I've been putting together and I really like the look of these mid-century desk lamps. I didn't realize how small they were though so I'm having a hard time finding a bulb that fits flush inside the shade.

Right now I've got a e27 3w LED on it but I had to use an adapter to convert e27 to candelabra.

The bowl itself if just a mishmash of stuff I had lying around. Been running about 2 weeks. I'll probably add some shrimp in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
cool
i'd say make it run more and have it get overgrown first before adding shrimp, but thats just to be very safe.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So this is pretty much my wife's bowl as she does all the maintenance. As such all credit goes to her. It has 4 orange neocaridina shrimp which don't want to reproduce. I had fungus issues at one point and had to salt dip them on a couple different occasions so that may be the reason.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
as long as there are males and saddled females in there, they will reproduce eventually. It can take a while. mine sometimes take a 2-3 month pause before i see berried females running around again. I keep Yellows in mine. Do your Orange sakuras stand out well in this bowl or do they blend into the plants and scape? i can't tell from the photo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts