The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered some ferts about a week or two ago. I have had the box opened in my living room with the ferts in view. There is no direct sunlight but light from the house were on. Would that affect my ferts at all? Should I buy new set of ferts???

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sealed clear plastic bags with the bog open and visible from the top. Had it been mixed with water already would they still have been safe in ambient room light? Or would they have been doing something funky?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Sealed clear plastic bags with the bog open and visible from the top. Had it been mixed with water already would they still have been safe in ambient room light? Or would they have been doing something funky?
The only chemicals that can be photosensitive are the micros. You would need a considerable amount of light for quite awhile to damage the dry micros. Even if they were left in the hot sun for a few days the only part that would be affected would be the areas that the light hit. Interior light? No worries. Once you mix it in water then they are more sensitive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.