The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone in this forum had spoke of their leaves twisting or curling...I couldnt remember how they fixed it, more C02 or what?

6.6 ph , phosfate was high, but doing water changes, lights are x8 65 67k 21" pc lights.

kh4 and gh 10 i think..but like i said, doing more water changes to get water hardness down.

·
Registered
161 Posts
IT'S NOT CA OR MG. You need very little to be limiting factor. I think maybe 5ppm of Ca. and maybe 2ppm of mg is all that you need. IT's your CO2 and poor water circulation. I had the exact same problem with dKH of 4, until I increased my Co2 and circulation. My water circualtion is now like 20x tunrover, using Hydor Koralias. BTW, my ph is at 6.1 with dkH of 4 and my fish are fine. KH/PH/CO2 chart is not reliable. Even my Amazon swords are pearling. Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would think the Calcium and Mag neium would be fine, with the Eco complete ingrediants that are in the substrate, especially since the substrate is new.

I'll get the water tested again...to make sure. I'll also check c02 and circulation. Some plants are getting brown dead spots on edges, and yellow on leaves, like its fading and melting. I also see holes in some leaves...bla !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right now Im using flourish and some Flourish iron at times. I'm not quite sure what to dose, or how. I use this about once or sometimes twice a week. Advice on plant food? something not so complicated..lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.