The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very guilty of wanting to always jack with my planted tank.:icon_twis as I am pretty sure we all are, Who doesn't like to mess with them. But I thought I would just give a tip in which I have recently experienced and that is, ANY time we do a re-scape or just plant new plants in our tanks we should just leave them alone for a while and let them reestablish themselves, No trimming, no moving them around etc. and we will reap the reward of good growth and beautiful plants. You might say that it is common knowledge and a no brainer to do this, but for me Its kind of a hard thing to do. Just thought I would share!:biggrin:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Takashi Amano is usually starting with Wabi Kusa. He needs to wait for a submersion conversion and he packs the plants in there so tight his tanks look nearly complete on the first day lol. If we're just moving previously submersed plants, I really think something along the order of 3 weeks is more appropriate (less, if dealing with hardy stems like Rotala) I like to get right in there and start whacking the moment I get a few inches of growth, which in the case of Rotala is days. All depends on specific tank and plant, I suppose. I would definitely second this when dealing with things like HC, slow growers, mosses, etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally agree with not worrying so much about stem plants, my experience came from DHG, and trimming it way too early, because I've read that trimming it encourages spreading, I do not disagree with method but have better growth and spreading from just leaving it alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.