The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The carbon doser is an electronic hardware that replaces solenoid, needle valve and bubble counter. You probably can't get it wet. AP.com makes some very assertive claims about it, that in my opinion are not true. They claim it is the only thing that can stop EOTD on any regulator, and that needle valves can never work as good as it. Also it is apparently the "best in the world." Well apparently AP.com has never heard of a dual stage regulator....

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just tried the soapy water test wherever possible. Squirted some soapy water with a drop checker and had no luck. Maybe thats just how much co2 my tank needs, i cat call ap because i bought from someone else and i dont think warranty is transferred. I really like this regulator and hopefully its not it thats messing up. Just switched to my 10#, I'll see how long that lasts.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Inside the black box is a clippard mouse solenoid and board and switch. THose solenoid connections could easily be leaking.

Unfortunately you have to pry the crap out of it to try to open it.

I'd call ap.com and see what they have to say, they've been good to work with in my experience, but do not email... CALL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BEWARE ....I had a heck of a time getting this to sync the bubbles to the flashing lights.... and the clicking noise drove me crazy as it was in the bedroom.
I was told by the company I should have wrapped a towel around it. Got frustrated and I sent this unit back, BEWARE I did not have the correct WMA (I did not know what that was) it is a return label.... I was told it was a improper return and therefore they incinerate all boxes without that label..... so they destroyed the box and the regulator.... I am out $255...

needless to say I was beyond upset.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.