Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts

· Premium Member
6,606 Posts
Just stating my shrimps' preference. :)

Each keeper will find each shrimp tank will have its' own preference. heh In the shrimp hobby, there is no one food that fits all. What some shrimp love, the others won't touch and so on.

To state "IT SEEMS THAT PEACH TREE LEAVES ARE THE "MOST LIKED" BY SHRIMP" is possibly an accurate observation in your own tank, however it won't be for others.

· Registered
50 Posts
I'll try this again...

Have you actually compaired Mulberry side-by-side with a Peach tree leaf, or are you just assuming :icon_ques

· Registered
3,193 Posts
Each keeper will find each shrimp tank will have its' own preference. heh In the shrimp hobby, there is no one food that fits all. What some shrimp love, the others won't touch and so on.

To state "IT SEEMS THAT PEACH TREE LEAVES ARE THE "MOST LIKED" BY SHRIMP" is possibly an accurate observation in your own tank, however it won't be for others.

I could seriously not agree with this more. I observe it constantly in my tanks and it's not just different species, some shrimp really have pickier tastes. I have some that love, love, love mulberry leaves....others that won't touch it and will let the snails get it. Stinging nettle is a hit in all my tanks but one. Cherry leaves are a hit in one tank ignored in others. There is no 'most liked' by shrimp. There can be a 'most liked by MY shrimp' but blanket statements simply can't be made on their taste preferences...I learned that a long time ago. LOL!

Furthermore, IAL and Oak leaves aren't 'feeding' leaves that the shrimp eat...they eat the biofilm that forms on the leaves. Mulberry leaves, peach leaves, stinging nettle, and things like that are leaves they actually consume (mine do the minute they touch the water just like spinach, kale, etc). So to compare something like a peach or mulberry leaf to IAL or Oak is like apples and oranges. They are treated/used differently by the shrimp. But that's in MY tanks...other people may experience the leaves sit until biofilm forms before the shrimp go to it. Everyone's experiences will vary.

· Registered
3,193 Posts
Again, experiences will vary. Plus too many factors...perhaps the peach leaf was younger, more tender and the mulberry more mature. Perhaps those particular shrimp had never had mulberry. One can not simply go off of things they find on the internet, go off your own experiences. There is no need to argue, simply go get some peach leaves, mulberry, cherry, whatever you want to get and found out what works best for YOU. ;)

I do a lot of internet research myself. But when I try things out on my own, often my experiences vary from what others have experienced. Such is life:)

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.