The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Thanks in advance for your help!

Water parameters: Ammonia, nitrite consistently at 0, nitrate hovering between 5-10 ppm. Water conditions are stable: 0 ammonia and nitrite, 5-10 ppm nitrate, 7.0 pH, 3 dkh, 4 dgh.

Equipment, substrate, & ferts: My substrate is ecocomplete. and my lighting is 2 x 3 foot hygger full spectrum LED lights running on the middle setting for 12 hours daily. No algae issues as of yet- otos are really efficient- I'm giving them a cucumber slice every other day just to keep them fed. Some of these plants pictured below have root tabs, others do not.

Stocking & recent changes: Otocynclus and neocaridina shrimp. Other fish to come soon... Yesterday I added 4 types of floating plants (frog bit, red floaters, dwarf water lettuce, and a fourth I'm forgetting). Also superglued some x-mas tree moss to my driftwood yesterday.
Added a few locally collected plants last week: one looks a lot like moneywart, a stem plant, and another that might be anacharus- all looking good. (treated these with alum to remove an hitchhikers)
I got the crypt wendtii, an amazon sword, water sprite, a dwarf lotus, Annubias nana, and some jungle val around a month ago from aquarium co-op. Most of these plants (including the crypts) went through a melting phase and are now looking pretty good.

Pictures
happening in 2/ 5 crypt wendtii:

and these black spots seem to be present on most of the crypt wendtii too:

Appreciate your advice!
Plant Terrestrial plant Flower Grass Flowering plant
Leaf Plant Terrestrial plant Asphalt Road surface
Plant Terrestrial plant Flowering plant Grass Annual plant

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, forgot to mention- the lights are on for 12 hours daily which I know is a lot, but I'm still yet o have any algae troubles and these crypts were regularly pushing out more leaves up until me noticing this today.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! How can you tell the dying leaves are the old ones? I wasn't aware that could happen after a few weeks in the tank- after an initial melt of a few leaves I thought I was in the clear. Thanks for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.