1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
That was great, Linda! That rabbit thinks that it's a mongoose!!:icon_bigg

·
Registered
803 Posts
Isn't that wild?! Rambo Rabbit! :icon_lol: I just redid the link to a better version of it from YouTube. Seems that Google's versions are rather pixellated-ey.

BTW, I LOVE Jeremiah Johnson. One of my all-time fave movies.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
The title of this thread is redundant. There is no reason whatsoever to ever use the words lazy and cat in the same sentence. Those two words pretty much mean the same thing.

Nice Longhorn there Linda.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thanks Rex. :) That's LYZ Texas Tuff, but we call him Tuffy. He was a show bull in his youth, so he's tame as a kitten now ~ a 1700 pound kitten. Wanna' pet him?:hihi:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Too Funny Linda, that Rabbit has thrill issues.
No kidding! Wonder if he'd like base jumping? He and that ninja turtle could have a blast as that lazy cat looked on.:icon_lol:

I would much rather pet the bull than a cow with a calf near by.
Ah, a man who knows a bit about cattle. Those girls are vicious, especially that first month, aren't they? When anything gets close, these Longhorns "circle the wagons" around all the new calves, heads out and hung low, forming a pike-pole fence, daring anything to get close. When they're standing there like that with those black-beetle eyes staring at you, it'll shiver your timbers, that's for sure.

My grandfather worked for years raising and showing Polled Hereford bulls.
Where/when was that? DH's great granddad was in charge of the Hereford herd for the XIT ranch from their beginnings with that breed on, so I wonder if he crossed paths with your granddad. DH's ggdad was a Thompson, can't remember his first name.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
My Granddad worked the Idaho, Montana, Wyoming circuit. That was back in the 70's.

The last weekend of the Oregon State Fair they have all the local LH breeders bring in the stock for the cattle barn. There are always heifers with calves. You put momma in a stout pen with people walking by and baby sits back in the corner.

One year there was a heifer there with twins. The breeder told me that he didn't even know there were twins for about 30 days as he never saw more than one calf at a time. And of course when you have Longhorn heifers in a field with calves it's not a good idea to go out poking around.

The coyotes have learned that lesson the hard way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.