The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figure it does not hurt to ask, so here goes...

If you experimented with Feller stone red or grey Lava or Lace rocks in your aquarium, and have since retired them, I'd like to take the rocks off your hands to try on my own aquascape ideas. By mail or locally the final cost on them averages to about $3/lbs which is way too much for something I may end up only shelving myself.

If someone is willing to fill up an 11" x 8.5" x 5.5" flat rate USPS box with their leftover rocks I'd gladly send you $10 cash for your trouble. I estimate that a flat rate box full of these light weight rocks would be about 12 pounds worth. Please post or PM me a photo of your rock pile so I get an idea of their relative size and shapes.

If you happen to be anywhere near a NYC subway,
I'll gladly come out and pick them up myself.

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's a great idea for a sun lit no plant tank like yours.
you should put some dwarf crayfish in there, they'd love it!
you are right, I'm looking for rocks, not large gravel.
I'll keep you in mind in case nothing else come up :proud:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I think he wants them for cheap, if anyone has some they aren't gonna use.

sorry spy, all i have is the large gravel type stuff, you might check HD for that stuff. HAve you looked around some rockyards near you?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sounds like 10 dollars to cover shipping, whatever flat rate is these days. For 10 bucks you should be able to buy a couple of nice pieces locally, then you can select what you want.
The flat rate box is $8.95 now... Grr...

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just wanted to publicly thank cjyhc4 for this awesome ROAK,
by sending me 10 pounds of lava rocks if I just paid the postage.
He really is a great credit to our PTF trading community,
and I am humbled by his considerate and generous spirit.

Thanks also to a few others here who offered to help.

Thank you :proud:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I just wanted to publicly thank cjyhc4 for this awesome ROAK,
by sending me 10 pounds of lava rocks if I just paid the postage.
He really is a great credit to our PTF trading community,
and I am humbled by his considerate and generous spirit.

Thanks also to a few others here who offered to help.

Thank you :proud:
Glad you're going to make good use of the rocks. I'm sure they'll look fabulous in your tank, far better than they ever could sitting in that bag in front of my house, haha. I can't wait to see what you do with them!! Sounds like you have some great ideas.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
oh.. damn thats the size you needed? I was thinking you needed BIG rocks. lol I have about 40lb of this taking up space in my garage. If you need more lemme know.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I would love to see a full tank shot.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well, it’s my turn now. I just got home from being away on business and was greeted by 4 boxes of things I ordered at the door. (Things are coming along nicely), soon I’ll have my tank up and running.

I would like to get my hands on some lava rocks to put my scape in motion. Any available will be greatly appreciated. :help:

I sent a pm to cjyhc4 and Badcopnofishtank, hopefully one of them will be able to help me out.

p.s. spypet I thought you wouldn't mind me highjacking your thread. It didn't make sense getting a new thread going when this one fits my needs perfectly. Thanks

Dan

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dantra, I love when people resurrect relevant threads instead of starting new ones! here's a photo to get you inspired;
BTW, a flat rate box holds about 10lbs, but only half of that is usable for my lava rock string ornaments.
half the the rocks are either too dense to drill holes with a masonry bit, or too small to string properly.
the remaining 5lbs was enough to only cover 1.0-1.5 square feet of glass, so order these rocks accordingly.
while you are working on getting the rocks, I'll finally get around to posting my DIY thread on how it's done.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.