The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Still trying to build interest in the thread. I ended up taking the GIANT ball of Baby Tears and securing it to the rock below it. Also, I removed all the water wisteria from the left side as this has become something of a nuisance.

So this is my thread to try and win this insane RAOK. Please help me generate some interest by posting compliments, encouragement, etc.

Here is my 75 gallon tank!

Later tonight I will post pictures of the rest of my tanks to keep the excitement up!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
So what are the rules for the raok besides sub 500 post counts?

*makes new account* lol j/k.

I like the scape. What are the specs?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tank is a 75 gallon with gravel substrate and a layer of play sand on top and plants being: Anubias, Cabomba Furcata, Cabomba, Bacopa, Jungle Val, Aponogeton Ulvaceus, Hygro Carymbosa, Hygro Difformis, Ludwigia, and Baby Tears.

Fish stock is 5 Roseline Sharks, cory cats, ottos, Turquoise and Parkinson Rainbows, Gold Gourami, Electric Blue and Comet Rams, SAE, and BN plecs.

I use a variation of EI dosing based upon my own plant growth results.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is where I want to incorporate this awesome RAOK. It is a breeding rack with a 20 high on top, 20L in the middle, and two 10s on the bottom. The top has Tiger Barbs (only managed one successful breed thus far), the middle has a pair of GBRs (check out my thread on that one), the bottom left has BN plecs that I have raised SOOOO many out of, and the bottom right has Elegant Cories that I have yet to start trying to breed, but plan to shortly.

I would like to convert all these tanks into injected planted ones with this RAOK. I only need a multi-way CO2 splitter and I'll be in awesome shape. Hopefully this comes through and I can bring this operation to total success!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is some close up pictures of what I would be using this awesome set up on. The first in the GBR breeding pair, followed by my Tiger Barb tank, my bristlenose breeding tank, and lastly, this is where I would like to start breeding the handful of elegant cory's that are in this tank. Obviously DIY CO2 would be an extremely large operation on this multi-tank scale, so being able to split a pressurized system would be awesome.

Both of the top tanks would be perfect for some good dwarf hairgrass, or dwarf baby tears. I would really like to see a nice lawn in both of these tanks and without good CO2 this would be very difficult. The lawn would look perfect I think being split by the sand pathway, which I don't really know how to hide the dividers on. I am also a big fan of bacopa stems and would like to see a forest of them in the cory cat tank. Best of all, this CO2 would let me put my pH lower were my GBR's would thrive, rather than my standard 7.5

These are basically open for all sorts of creativity and more suggestions would be awesome.

Attachments

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
That is a nice setup of tanks you have. Any trouble with bowing on that rack? Those last two tanks would make me nervous without having the corners supported. I'm a klutz, though. Good luck in the RAOK!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is a nice setup of tanks you have. Any trouble with bowing on that rack? Those last two tanks would make me nervous without having the corners supported. I'm a klutz, though. Good luck in the RAOK!
The top rack bends just slightly. The shelves are rated at 350 pounds fully dispersed and I think the boards for the top two tanks do a good job and equalizing the weight. With twenty gallons on each shelf I'm looking at 250 pounds max.

As for the bottom tanks not having corner support, I did initially worry about that. However, I have seen it done enough times to be comfortable with it. The tanks don't ever move so hopefully all goes well :)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.