The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
I've seen and eaten it in it's out of the water form. They can become rigid. I'm growing some cuttings right now in the aquarium right now. Not sure if they grow out of the water from the aquarium. But it's doesn't hurt to trim. It's good for the plants.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a 15 gallon high tech tank.. so i was just looking how thick the stems are.. but i just got the plant and i have heard roumers that i can grow out of the tank... it would look amazing if it did

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Yeah, you can grow them out of the water... The stem is more rigid and the leaves are tougher and the shape is a bit different. It's not as narrow as the aquatic form. I'll shoot you a picture of the land form tomorrow.. I have some sitting in a bucket of water ready for the aquarium...

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I actually think the emersed form is kinda flimsy as well, you can buy it by the bunch at the asian markets for like 60cents a bunch.

I actually got some that was emersed grown and a week in my tank and it was submersed form.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I started growing it emersed and the stalk held up just fine. So yea it grows out of water.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
emersed form

I just stuck this in my tank yesterday..

submerged form

I stuck the emersed cutting in the tank 2-3 weeks ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts