The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wandering if anybody has seen larger co2 cylinders that have a pin valve and will work with the red sea co2 system (for paintball bottles). The largest I have seen is a 24oz bottle. Also can you get 5lb tanks with a pin valve on them?

Thanks---Brian

·
Registered
100 Posts
Correction - I believe that the 20-24 oz would be the largest you can get.. The larger tanks are N2, not CO2.

I am not sure if there is an adapter, but it would be much more cost effective to get a 5Ib tank if you can get an adapter.

I looked at that route as I am doing DIY at the moment, but the cost effectiveness really wasn't there. The trips to get the 20oz refills and at $5-$6 a pop, it adds up quick.

I just got a full 20Ib tank from craigslist for $40 and picked up a regulator setup for Rex Grigg... After my research, I found that this is probably going to be the best long-run setup...

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now the cost of the refills is not a big deal to me. In my area its about $4 each and I only have to get them refilled about every 2-3 months. I was just looking to find something that would last a little longer and will work with my regulator.

I don't think I would like to go with anything larger than a 5lb tank because I would like to keep it easy to hide.

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
162 Posts
Right now the cost of the refills is not a big deal to me. In my area its about $4 each and I only have to get them refilled about every 2-3 months. I was just looking to find something that would last a little longer and will work with my regulator.

I don't think I would like to go with anything larger than a 5lb tank because I would like to keep it easy to hide.

Thanks

Brian
I am considering on doing the same, due to the problems that I am having finding a local 5-10lb co2 canister. How many bpm do you have it set for in order to get 2-3 months usage? Do you run it 24/7 or is it tied to a co2 controller/timer?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say about 2 bps. I also keep a spare 20oz cylinder around so I can swap them right away and go get the empty one filled again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.