The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to purchase ZooMed Oxygen Plus #10 filter sponges?
I have been looking for them up and down the internet and can't find any. I built a big sponge filter which is due for replacement sponges.

They measure 8in in diameter and are 4in tall. I can find other (smaller) sizes without problem but I want those big bad boys.

Any help appreciated...

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
318 Posts
WOW, your from 2003 and 15,706 posts. Dont know where to get the sponges but had to comment. thats what, 872.555 posts a year, wow.

·
Registered
745 Posts
a lot of us are legacy members
the hobby works in the background mostly.

You get really involved and really active in the forums...then you disappear for a year or two or five. I think my original username was from 2006/2007 (I got banned...but got reinstated when the site shifted ownership or something of the sort. They couldn't figure out how to undo the ban...so I made a new account).

Good to see ya WP!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I have been looking for them up and down the internet and can't find any. I built a big sponge filter which is due for replacement sponges.

They measure 8in in diameter and are 4in tall. I can find other (smaller) sizes without problem but I want those big bad boys.

Any help appreciated...
Can't find any reference to a zoomed oxygen plus including on their website so I am guessing discontinued. But you have other options.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

Any help appreciated...
Wasserpest!!!!! How the hell have you been? It's been a long time, good sir. Give Stephan over at Swiss Tropicals a buzz and see what he can do about supplying foam. He's the guy who distributes Poret here in North America, has a large range of pore sizes, and can usually cut custom sizes or at least source the foam for you to cut yourself.

Regards,
Phil

·
Super Moderator
16,945 Posts
Swiss Tropicals is 100% gonna have what you need, Thomas. May have to buy something larger and cut it down a bit.

I've purchased more foam from there (direct link to the filtration section) than I ever care to admit. Good luck not buying one of everything they have available. Beyond tempting.

·
Super Moderator
16,945 Posts
a lot of us are legacy members
the hobby works in the background mostly.
Yep. Lots of us have been around a long time. My original account (borked somehow, merged with this one) is from 2003-ish.

That's one of the reasons forums like this are useful, @greenguppy - historical knowledge. Not just fleeting moments like with social media. Tens of thousands of us visit at least on a weekly basis but not all of us post with any frequency. Probably 90% of members just read.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
When was this forum created? in 2003?
Thereabouts, yes.

Yep. Lots of us have been around a long time. My original account (borked somehow, merged with this one) is from 2003-ish.
The same thing happened to me a while ago. After one of my intermittent hiatuses I came back to find the forum was under new ownership and my account had been reset somehow. Since I couldn't remember my old password and getting a new one was more of a hassle than it should have been I just created a new account. Thankfully some kind admin got this account reinstated when I came back after yet another hiatus.

I'm very happy TPT is still going. As I was on staff for a couple different forums back in the heyday I didn't post much here until finding out the other sites had declined significantly when returning from a break. Facebook groups and the like are nice, but you can't have the in-depth discussions there like you can here. The people are (usually) a lot nicer too.

I wonder if I can find my very first post...

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW, your from 2003 and 15,706 posts. Dont know where to get the sponges but had to comment. thats what, 872.555 posts a year, wow.
Haha, most of them were in the first 5 to 7 years. Now it's more reasonable. ;)

Time flies, unfortunately.

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can't find any reference to a zoomed oxygen plus including on their website so I am guessing discontinued. But you have other options.
Thanks, yup, I got the same conclusion. And I will not purchase a sponge with a few plastic tubes for $35, nu-uh.

I lucked out and someone sold them for like $2 ea in some special final sale. Should have gotten more, although I am not sure about their shelf-live, maybe after 15 years they start to decay all by themselves.

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wasserpest!!!!! How the hell have you been? It's been a long time, good sir. Give Stephan over at Swiss Tropicals a buzz and see what he can do about supplying foam. He's the guy who distributes Poret here in North America, has a large range of pore sizes, and can usually cut custom sizes or at least source the foam for you to cut yourself.

Regards,
Phil
Hey Phil, good to hear from you! I remember you got in on my giant tank breakdown sale, I think. I miss the beast, sometimes, but not the work and energy cost related to keeping it sparkly.

I'll check out Swiss Tropicals, shipping may kill it, we'll see. I am just a cheap b&*#$%^ :cool:

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Swiss Tropicals is 100% gonna have what you need, Thomas. May have to buy something larger and cut it down a bit.

I've purchased more foam from there (direct link to the filtration section) than I ever care to admit. Good luck not buying one of everything they have available. Beyond tempting.
Haha, thanks man, appreciate the link. Was hoping for some super cheap chinese ebay offer, but looks like no go there. Those Oxygen Plus sponges were a perfect fit for my particular filter contraption, so cutting sponges is just part of it, the other is to get some nice round large holes drilled into them.

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This iteration of the forum was created in July 2002.
Yeah I recall it was about a year old when I joined. The original owner started with a webpage describing his first aquarium, and it grew, rapidly, from there.
I was part of the "second wave" of moderators, had a lot of fun with Momotaro, Gatekeeper, and a few others. Good memories.

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Regards,
Phil
Hey Phil (and Jacob), thanks again for the recommendation, the 6" Poret "Cartridge" which is already drilled should work. I can cut it into quarters so the cost is somewhat diluted. We'll see how much shipping will add.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.