The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm selling a good size plant package to offset the costs of getting new lighting and substrate for my next game of musical aquariums.

All plants are rooted, NOT fresh trimmings unless I say so and all of these plants were fine under low light, but have taken off like a shot under T5HO and compressed CO2.

What is included:

5+ stems of a Salicifolia Hygrophyla. I trim these when they get to 18" in my tall tank and when they hit the top of my 20 high.

3+ stems of Bacopa Caroliniana.

"a few" small amazon swords (3-6" leaves) I think I can give like 3 of these.

Either a large or two smaller crypts (I think they are wendtii bronze), at least 10 leaves total (these are quite red at the moment and some leaves are reaching 10 inches).

2+ LARGE Water Wisteria (I have 4 of them and they take up more than the whole back of my 20 high).

The one that will be trimmings (trimmed today, so they will probably have some roots), anywhere from 2" to 6" will be Ludwigia Repens (these are blood red on the bottoms and forest green on the tops of the leaves and grow to 16" before I trim them. One grew "sideways" and ended up with a new baby plant at each node. I figure I can give 4 stems at least.

A golfball size bunch of subwassertang (or something remarkably similar) - wild collected from Rio ***** Uruguay.

I also have two or three different rotalata species which you'll get a stem or two each of.

I also have a few baby red tiger lilies (I'm talking pea size bulb, 4-5 leaves smaller than dimes) that I'll toss in if you want them, my lilies are happy so they send them out a lot.

I'm thinking a "fair" price (considering almost all are fully rooted) would be around $50 shipped. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a medium flat rate, or a priority shoebox (these work great for shipping plants btw).

There are about 20-25 plants included here, so including shipping its about $2 each, some like the cryps and the swords cost way more than that, some like the hygro etc cost $1 + shipping on here, and subwas. is not really a cheap one either.

These are healthy happy plants, and you'll probably get more than I said because frankly I just have to see how much space that clears.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I don't care who you are but you cannot sell hygrophila polysperma across state lines. Please don't try to disguise them and get yourself and others in trouble.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A. If you don't like something in the package it will be removed from the package.

B. I know the rules on Polysperma, however there is a chance someone from in state wants this pack ("in state" for me is NC and SC). Rest easy that I won't be breaking laws.

C. Posting in a SnS thread for items that are not questions to the seller or intent to buy ect are inappropriate.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
The laws of a forum are nothing compared to federal law. If you want to sell to someone in your state just state outright you want to move this noxious weed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
"plant cop"

thanx Jeff I have alerted the proper authorities and we have them stationed outside the premesis now
and the reason it became a "law" was because ignorant people decided not to dispose of the clippings
properly We're going to hire u to make sure all planters dispose of thier clippings properly and if not "CITIZENS ARREST CITZENS ARREST"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
It's all fun and games until you get fined for several thousand dollars. Just obey the law and nothing bad will come of it. Not everyone knows H. polysperma is a federally listed noxious weed and fewer people understand how invasive species can wreck ecosystems. The fact that he decided to hide the identity of the plant indicates that he
1.) Knows the plant is banned
2.) Wants to ship it illegally out of state.

An after thought of saying "I know and I won't ship it out of state" is hardly reassuring. Keep to the law before you start whining about me being a tool for the man.

I may look like a prude but you're the one acting like a child.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.