The Planted Tank Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This species is found up at at about 6500ft in the Sierras. The site was burned maybe two decades ago leaving dead manzanita. As strong wind and snow hammer this region, the wood is very clean, some light grey age is all, but this quickly is removed in a week or two in water.

These are rather large pieces, see the large 7 Gal bucket next to it(same as a 5 gal bucket , but taller). They can be broken for shipping and cut, but you must buy the entire piece to have anything cut.

I get extra wood when I go to collect for personal and clients, and now have a permit from the USDA to do so legally.

This piece is about 48" x 48" from the longest points, and has a really nice twisted large branch.

50$

These two are ideal for smaller tanks, say in the 90 Gal range. the smaller one is 20$, the larger, 30$, or 40$ for both.

This one is the prize for aquarist, it's not too big either, good for a 90cm-120 Cm long aquarium display piece, about 22" tall, 34" long.

80$

Nice smaller piece, good for 90cm and up tanks.

20$

Shipping is not included, however, I can ship Fedex, UPS, or USPS(up to certain dimensions). I pack the more delicate pieces well. you pay actual shipping cost.

Typical cost run about 15$ for smaller pieces, 30-40$ for the larger stuff to the USA lower 48.

I have shipped some items to the UK, larger max size boxes ran about 70-110$.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please note, I do not plan on doing this as a regular thing, if the yard has too much wood laying around, I have to get rid of it. If I cannot do that for a fair $, then I'll give the wood away to the local clubs.

These pieces(L to r) are interesting, the first has a lot of burl and then goes up to tiny twig, like a bonsai somewhat. The second is a flat fan shape, particular useful for scaping, the the rear piece is a nice rooty like piece.

30$, 20$, 20$, or 50$ for all

Well, what to say here, you better have a big Doney tank for this one:

Best to split this one up and use the branches individually.

200$

About 6 ft tip to tip, you'd need a 36-48" deep tank at least 72-96L to fit this piece in there.

The piece can be broken in the middle and packed up fairly reasonably, these pieces do not weight much, but they are bulky and tough to box up, that's the reason for the $, if you where local, we could make a better deal:mad:

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Such HOT pieces someday I will convince the wife to let me get my dream tank 8' 150g 96x18x20 tall picture 2 75's side by side.

Craig

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If anyone wants to drive out here:hihi:
I can point the way.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No#3 and 4 are now gone/sold.

No 1,2 5, 6 are still here, I'll see about cutting some up to make them more sellable.

Then post the new pics with a tape measure for better reference.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sonofabitch! makes me what to go out and buy a larger tank, much larger or at least move to california before it breaks off!

bumped..

Ken
Well, no#3 would have been good for you:)
But now you need a 450 Gal.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I broke the larger pieces up.
Glad I did, got a nice hollowed log out of it:)

Anyway, here are the new updated pieces left:

And against green foliage:

80$

Burl with a bonsai like tree coming off: 25$

Very nice coral fan like piece from that large pinwheel

About 36 W x 36T x 12 D or so, good sized piece, can be broken up(like I did for the large wheel), and reassembled.

100$

This is a nice piece, one branch is not attached but comes with this(broke off). 50$

This one has a really nice gnarled large branch:

50$

Prices do not include shipping, that will run 20-30$ on average

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cant seem to see the smaller piece pics.
Let me know, the 1st set I deleted off PB, so they are no longer viewable.
I think I have enough wood for maybe 4ft long tank, the rest is sold or being used now.

If you are after something particular, I'll look next time I go out.
I have some interesting pieces I kept, but I can sell some of them since I can no longer add more aquariums in my place:angryfire

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
This thread has automatically been closed by the forum. All sales threads are closed automatically after 31 days by the forum software as per our Swap N Shop rules unless you are a Power Seller (Upgrade). If you have any concerns you can contact the forum staff: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sendmessage.php

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.