The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got in my glass diffuser with built in bubble counter yesterday and immediately broke the glass stem :eek: while trying to attach the co2 hose. I fixed it with silicone, allowing it to cure over night.

My problem is that now the diffuser gives off one large bubble and a bunch of fine bubbles :icon_conf. I'm guessing that it still gets some co2 diffused into the water due to the smaller bubble size which is the majority of the bubbles. There's just that one large bubble that I can't help but think wastes most of my co2.

I've already purchased another glass diffuser from mordalphus and am awaiting it's delivery and will probably end up building an external reactor based off Tom Barr's design. Until then, does anyone have any solutions to fixing the large bubble on a glass diffuser?

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved the problem! Noticed that the areas with larger bubbles had a much more coarse surface on the ceramic disc so I lightly scratched on those areas until fine bubbles came out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.