The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in therocess of re designing my 380l aquarium. I am currently running a JBL Crystal Profi filter, tmc ph monitor/controller which controls the co2, JBL Vario CO2 Diffuser, 2x54w t5s and 2xtmc grobeam 500 twins, using a tmc controller.
I have got jbl manado substrate (which is not dense and compact) and I'm looking to grow a carpet along the foreground of the tank.
Has anyone got any recommendations on what's best to go for. I've looked at DHG and Glosso but people have mixed results. I'm also thinking that because of the substrate, would these plant well or will I find them floating on the top of the tank by the following morning?!
Any thoughts appreciated!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
i am partial to dwarf sag. it can be cut and not die back like some and it looks like grass. i have bristlenose plecos in the tank and the babies hide in it. it fills in fairly quickly too

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not after anything too big at the front, just a low green covering. I do want some taller stem plants at the back of the tank so I don't want anything that is going to kill off other plants.

Posted from Plantedtank.net App for Android

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.