The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Has anyone here used Landen rimless tank side by side with ADA/UNS tanks? I wonder how close are their qualities, are the low iron glass panels as clear, and quality of edges/silicon etc....

I'm asking because I'm still waiting and can't get a UNS 90P (or ADA), Been waiting for 6 months and who knows how many more. Covid induced shortage everywhere. So I'm trying to see if there are close enough options out there.

I did look at waterbox, but their sizes are too different. Landen seems readily available on Amazon, but wonder about the quality.

Thanks in advance for any insights you may have.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am curious as well. I have a Landen that I have been really happy with but I know that ADA and UNS have such a great reputation. I am considering getting a Landen 100P next.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never seen them all side by side. Another option to add to the list is a Mr Aqua tank.

I have a UNS 120P on 'pre-order' right now. If the original timeline holds I should be seeing a shipping notice in the next week or two. BUT, we will see ;P
I did check and actually Mr Aqua tanks are also in the same boat. Very hard to get large tanks right now. Hope you do get your 120P.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I did look at waterbox, but their sizes are too different. Landen seems readily available on Amazon, but wonder about the quality.
I had a Landen 60P for a while. It was well made and remarkably clear. I sold it to get a larger 120P tank. I ended up getting a Waterbox and am very happy with it. My WB 120P has standard dimensions and sits perfectly on a Archaea 120P stand from AFA.

The Waterbox was also a lot cheaper, even with shipping, than the other offerings like UNS and ADA. I would have gladly purchased another Landen but they were just not to be found in that 120P size.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a Landen 60P for a while. It was well made and remarkably clear. I sold it to get a larger 120P tank. I ended up getting a Waterbox and am very happy with it. My WB 120P has standard dimensions and sits perfectly on a Archaea 120P stand from AFA.

The Waterbox was also a lot cheaper, even with shipping, than the other offerings like UNS and ADA. I would have gladly purchased another Landen but they were just not to be found in that 120P size.
I would have loved to go for a 90P waterbox. My challenge is that the UNS cabinet has arrived (for 6 months now) before the tank, so I'm stuck with it and need something that fit. USN 90P depth (back-front) is 450mm, while waterbox is deeper (500mm) and thus wont fit the cabinet properly, therein lies the problem :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'd go for the Landen. I have an ADA 45-P currently and had an ADA Mini M in the past. Both are good looking tanks, but they look just as good and just as well made as the UNS/Landen/Mr Aqua. If I lived in the US I'd be really tempted to buy a Landen tank as their prices include free shipping. But I'm in Canada, so a Landen tank is ridiculously overpriced. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do they use the 45 degree mitered edge for Landen tank? I like the mitered edge aquarium looks, just a personal preference and it i think it looks better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do they use the 45 degree mitered edge for Landen tank? I like the mitered edge aquarium looks, just a personal preference and it i think it looks better.
They have straight corner edges (like ADA), not 45 degree (UNS only has these if I'm correct).

The glass edges are beveled smooth BTW, just in case that's what you asked about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts