The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Just a quick question regarding the ph of the soil. Has anyone ever used Landen Aqusoil? I purchased the soil and set up for cycling, however, every the PH of the water, its at 4.3 ph. I used two ph pen and also use my Apex Controller from my saltwater tank to test it and it still at 4.3 ph.

Could it be that I am cycling the tank with only plants and some dead dwarf shrimp?

could use some advice. Thank you

·
snails are your friend
3,093 Posts
I've not used that brand but it's pretty similar to most others in that it keeps a 0 dKH acidic environment by design. 4.3 pH is lower than I've ever experienced, though I'd expect that to level out once it's been a few weeks. Most of these soils recommend a 100% water change after the 1st 24 hours. Are you remineralizing RO water? If not, what are the parameters of your tap?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. Yes, this is the first time I used these Aqusoil from Amazon. I usually use controsoil or Fluval for my shrimp tank. I did use RO/DI water to mix with salty shrimp +GH for bee shrimp. It's a 60-gallon cube, so maybe I'll spend the weekend and try to make another 60 gallons of water with salty shrimp +gh to change 100% of the water. Let hope that will maintain the ph at 6.5 or so. I'll keep you guys posted.

Bump: Thanks for your input. Yes, this is the first time I used these Aqusoil from Amazon. I usually use controsoil or Fluval for my shrimp tank. I did use RO/DI water to mix with salty shrimp +GH for bee shrimp. It's a 60-gallon cube, so maybe I'll spend the weekend and try to make another 60 gallons of water with salty shrimp +gh to change 100% of the water. Let hope that will maintain the ph at 6.5 or so. I'll keep you guys posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.