The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded for this kit about a year ago and have no idea how long the person I got it from had it. The only reason I am wondering is because I just tested the N in one of my tanks and it was slightly under 1 (or 4.4ppm) so I dosed 1/2tsp of KNO3 in the tank to see what my normal dose of N affected N levels. I waited about 10 minutes after dosing to do the test and the reading I got from the test kit were the same...

So any idea on how long the test kit would be useful? Since im not sure how old it is unless the time is indefinitely I guess I need to just order a refill.

Also where can I get Lamottes other test kits (Ph, Gh/Kh, whatever other kits they sell). I searched Google for a while and it just seems that every place that sells them appears kind of shady.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure on the shelf life of test kits but you can get them from here:

http://www.marinedepot.com/test_kits_lamotte-ap.html
Thanks, at least its a reputable site thats selling them. I found that they are sold at Grainger supply too. There is one local and I might have to stop by next week and see if they have them or if they can order the freshwater kits for me.

I still wonder though, how long the reagents last...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts