The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lagenandra Meeboldii pearls in an effervescent stream of bubbles. What I found most interesting is that the effervescent stream begins under high light conditions (Tek-Light 36" T5-HO x4) and disappears within seconds of the down shift in lighting (2 T5-HOs). As an experiment, I flipped the switch back (4-bulbs) and within seconds the effervescent stream reappears at a slightly different spot on the leaves. In any case, I thought that I would share.

~Tyger (Michael)~

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkKIbIad4hk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very cool video. It would be interesting to see your "varying light levels experiment" in a video too. What size tank have you got it in? What other equipment do you run i.e. Co2, ferts, etc?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool video. It would be interesting to see your "varying light levels experiment" in a video too. What size tank have you got it in? What other equipment do you run i.e. Co2, ferts, etc?
I agree. If possible, I will shoot that light experiment in the future. I do find the Lagenandra Meeboldii tends to pearl pretty easily though it does not always do so in 'effervescent' style.' I have a 65-Gallon (36x18x24) aquarium. In terms of the basic equipment, I inject CO2 (low-moderate bubble count), I run airstones (x2) in long tubes (like for undergravel) to control surface agitation. I fertilize moderate-to-light (NPK), MTs, & Magnesium. I just upgraded from Catalina (square reflects) to a Tek-Light System (premium reflects) to get a deeper light penitration for foreground plants.

~Tyger (Michael)~

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah, I love this plant and its radiant colors of pink to maroon!!!
Lagenandra Meeboldii is definitely one of my favorite plants and believe myself fortunate to have this beauty. It takes a little while to establish itself; however, I need to relocate it to the back middle of the tank to make it a nice focal-central piece to the tank. :icon_bigg

~Tyger (Michael)~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.