The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own this plant? I saw some for sale on another forum and I am considering picking it up. Seems rare, but very pretty, reminds me somewhat of an Aflame Sword, and sounds like it grows rather well and would love to be in a 75 gallon tank.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Anyone own this plant? I saw some for sale on another forum and I am considering picking it up. Seems rare, but very pretty, reminds me somewhat of an Aflame Sword, and sounds like it grows rather well and would love to be in a 75 gallon tank.
Very pretty plant that has leaves like a crypt but a rhizome similar to an anubias. Be prepared because this plant gets huge. It can reach 18" tall and from my experience it doesn't like to be moved. Plant it where you want it and leave it alone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
looking for lagenandra meeboldii pink

I'm looking for this plant. Does anyone have any for sale? Especially if within driving distance to Van Wert, Ohio as I think it would freeze if someone tried to ship it right now.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine got lost in the mail for two weeks and was the only thing that made it to me in once piece.
Also, this plant is huge. Like, I need my swords and lace plants to catch up because this thing is so HUGE.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, these things can GROW. One of the newer looking leafs from yesterday doubled in size since then o_O.

I now feel the need to have a 300 gallon tank filled with this stuff and other monster plants lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have one in my 8 gallon high light tank! I have seen it as tall 1'-2' but mines stays nice an compact! It has a huge root system and is like an anubias! Cut the rhizome and new growth appears! I love this plant but takes up space once it starts to grow out! good luck it is a very pretty plant!

·
Registered
48 Posts

Please, where did you see this for sale> I have been looking for it and want to buy some!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Can anyone that has been growing this well please PM me with their tank specs? I have 4 of these I have had for over a year, but they only grow about 7" tall and never seem to have more than 3 leaves. The leaves look health unless the get damaged and they the rot of fast. I just redid the tank the are in and it is free of fish/snails, so if they had been doing the damage it should stop. The plants have not show any signs of damage from moving them.

-Cory

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Can anyone that has been growing this well please PM me with their tank specs? I have 4 of these I have had for over a year, but they only grow about 7" tall and never seem to have more than 3 leaves. The leaves look health unless the get damaged and they the rot of fast. I just redid the tank the are in and it is free of fish/snails, so if they had been doing the damage it should stop. The plants have not show any signs of damage from moving them.

-Cory
I had this plant a couple of years ago. Cool looking crypt except it got really really huge and literally over take my tank. It was grown in a 180 gal tank. It was 17"+ tall. It was grown in eco complete, pressurized co2, medium light, macro and micro fert, and hard water (city water).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had this plant a couple of years ago. Cool looking crypt except it got really really huge and literally over take my tank. It was grown in a 180 gal tank. It was 17"+ tall. It was grown in eco complete, pressurized co2, medium light, macro and micro fert, and hard water (city water).
n00dl3,

About what temp did you keep this at? I'm looking for a large plant that I can keep in with my discus at about 83 to 84 degrees.

Also, if you have any to sell I'd love to buy if it's reasonable.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.