The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to give some props to this lesser known dwarf SA Cichlid. I see lots of people keep rams and apistos in their planted tanks, but I've seen very little folks keeping the Flag Acara. They only get to be about 3.5in (10cm), are peaceful, don't eat plants, don't dig, are unique and, in my opinion, gorgeous. They like softish water to boot, which is perfect for most planted tanks. Also, a pair works great in tanks as small as 20g and they breed easily.

Here is a good article on them with some nice links: http://fish.mongabay.com/species/Laetacara_curviceps.html

Here is a pic of mine, Jenny. She lives happily in a 20g SA planted tank with two Bolivian Rams (both males I think), 4 tetras, and 4 ottos:

Petsmart had these in temporarily awhile back. From $7.99 > $1.75 on closeout! Quite a deal for such an elegant little fish!

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I saw your photo journal. You are they only one to post about them in the last year, I wouldn't be too surprised if we were the only ones!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.