The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you own one, do they get up on their two feet to look at your tanks? Never owned one. I am thinking of getting a 225 gal acrylic tank and eventually getting a lab retriever as well. I just do not want my dog to scratch up my acrylic..:frown:

·
Registered
720 Posts
mine couldnt care less about my tanks unless a fish jumped out of it. He doesnt jump either, we trained him for that. If your dog is trained not to jump and is not interested in tanks i dont see a problem. Otherwise, you gotta teach your old dog new tricks... how old is your dog?
You gotta cesar milan him into submission to save your acrylic.

·
Registered
127 Posts
yeah, my dogs have never jumped up on my tanks and I have two pitbull terriers who are always being mischievous. So I doubt your Labs will mess with your tank.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!

That is good news. I have no dog at the moment. Plan on getting a pup when I find one. You betcha! He will be trained.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I got a lab/boxer mix with some pitty in her she is a jumper (still working on that) and very active but she never been intrested in my tanks even the times when I wanted to show her some fishes lol

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
My Belgian Malinois doesn't care at all about the tanks, just the animals on TV. Yes, this dog knows by the tune of a commercial, runs over to the TV and watches it for the dog/cat/horse, etc to come on. Then she wants to attack it. Have to be careful with the 52" screen getting scratched up or falling down.

I like your Dachshund on your avatar, Scorpion. My "Fritz" (16 years old) is all red and the best ever.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
even trying to get the dog to look at the tank it wont. i have tanks on just above ground level with out any problems. mine was a rescue dog suggest thats a good place to start looking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts