The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of L75, peckoltia sabaji in a 75G, planted with Val and crypt. They are a couple years old and have grown to about 6-7 inches. Normally they stay in their respective caves at opposite ends of the tank, but the past week or so I noticed them hanging out together at the end of the tank with the most current. I thought it was odd since they aren't usually together, but thought nothing of it. Last nite, after lites out I checked the tank and noticed that somebody had dug a big hole in the end of the tank, uprooting some of my Val. Of course I suspected the L75's because they're the biggest fish in the tank, but they've never dug in the gravel before. I checked back a bit later and saw both of them together now in the center front of the tank and one was trying to dig a new hole under a rock that the other, presumably the female, was resting on. I figure they're trying to build a nest and spawn, although I have numerous caves thruout the tank, but I guess they didn't find them suitable. I don't expect them to be successful because there are several other catfish in the tank, 5 synodontis and 1 L114, but I'm very excited that they seem to be ready to roll. Hell, I didn't even know they were boy/girl, since it's not obvious in these particular fish. I plan to move some of the other cats out of that tank soon to a new 40 breeder I'm working on, so perhaps they will try again when the neighborhood is quieter. I hope they make it, that would be sooo cool for me, and hey if any of the fry survived they could sell for a few bucks each at the LFS:)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Grats! :thumbsup: That is a nice looking species.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts