The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I replace it with? The bottom leaves all die/fall off, and the roots growing off the stems are unsightly, to me. I will assume that the tank conditions aren't right for it. That's okay, except I want something similar to replace it. My shrimp really like the leaves. What grows well in the tank are moss, crypts, and anacharis. And dwarf water lettuce. I don't use any fertilizers, just tank-generated poo. :laugh2:

Thanks for your suggestions!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
For what its worth, I have L Repens and Ludwigia Ovalis in my tank, and Ovalis grows much bigger, faster and nicer than Repens. It also gets a little darker red at the top. It will still have some roots growing from the stems, but I like the plant better than Repens.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The light is whatever came with the 9 gallon Aquastyle.

"High output PowerLED light with 81 interconnected diodes (Safety sealed, low voltage - only uses 7w)

Internal aluminum heat sink keeps lamp cool to the touch and does not transfer heat to aquarium water.
Excellent illumination with nice shimmering effect, generating 1200 lumens at 6000K. The PowerLED`s bright natural daylight provides the vital energy that live aquatic plants and a variety of marine organisms need to thrive. Superb color rendition reveals the aquarium life in the vividness of its natural colors.
LED Lamp long life rated 20,000 service hours - 5 years with average usage
Power is supplied through the light track. The LED fixture is vertically and horizontally adjustable."

I think maybe it's Ovalis, not Repens. And I may not be taking good enough care of it! I don't fertilize the tank (its only 9 gallons + I have shrimp).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.