The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I have a very low tech tank with crypts. No dosing, very dim lighting, and flourite black substrate. Fish are a bunch of tetras.

The crypts grow fine but slow. Do you think L. Meeboldii can grow in this type of set up?

Due to being a no dosing tank, I'm only able to grow crypts in this set up. Other plants, including stems will grow, but only if I dose. With only crypts, no ferts needed.

I did some research and found out L.M. is closely related to crypts. Is their nutrient demand the same? I find crypts grow fine in low nutrients.

I want to keep this tank natural without dosing.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi , I have a low tech setup with dirted bottom. It has been running for three years. Recently I added a Tropica pot of Lagenandra and after the initial melt of the emersed leaves it seems to be growing slowly. Give it a go, it is a great addition for colour. Some root tabs would be beneficial.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Sarpijk.
I've been looking more into the plant and it looks to be a less demanding plant like crypts. I'll give it a go. If I can't get it to grow without dosing in my main tank, I will transfer to my smaller tank that get weekly ferts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts