The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I really like that Limnophila aromatica can get pink/red/purplish at the tops, but mine are all 100% green. Is the only way to bring this out by increasing my light? I don't really want to do that because I feel like I've got a good thing going with the balance... I'm not sure iron is helping either but I'm dosing about 1/8 tsp (2x 1/16 tsp) of iron chelate into my 55G tank per week.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my experience is all about light with this plant. how close to the top of the tank have they grown?
Not that close so far, but getting there. Highest one is less than a foot away from the light (which is about 3 inches above the water line). I'm not sure if it will turn red even if it reaches the top of the water. My Ludwigia repens stayed green all the way, even when it was 3 inches away from the light (a T5HO bulb).

In fact, here's a pic. You can see it in the back left corner:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine gets quite purple (it's not really pink? Mines like fuchsia). When I do a w/c and blow it all around it's intensely colored underneath. Almost unnatural looking. It's beautiful, though.

I just run a single t5HO bulb as well.

Here's mine, you can see it on the left side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.