The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my l. aromatica keeps melting from the bottom up i even cut the melting part off and replanted and its still doing it. only one stem at first now like three or four? what causes this? I have 2 t5ho lights, diy co2, seachem comprehensive fert., no excel for a couple weeks now. the tank is 21" deep

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
L. aromatica seems to one of the stems thats picky about how its planted. Try using tweezers and dont crush the stem. Trim it close as possible to an internode. I suspect rotting stem undergravel promotes more rotting. If the stem produces aerial roots you definately shouldnt have a problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive had it for over a month and it was doing great, grew like three to four inches now this.
it cant root if its all rotted half way up the stem though....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think i found the culprit. My heater was in the same corner as the aromatica and i think the warm water was just settling at the bottom because my macandra grew up so much the flow of the water was being diverted. So i moved the heater and we'll see!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.