The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what would cause l. aromatica to have BIG BROAD leaves, rather than the narrow, bushy leaves? The plant I bought Was very narrow, with reddish growth; since planting it, the leaves have broadened, and the new growth is more green than red...

Any advice?
See photos below!

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
I think it depends on the conditions it's grown in. A high light tank will cause it to be more red with thinner leaves, while in a lower light tank, the growth will be more like yours.

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
It's not just high light that makes reds come out. Steady macro and Fe dosing both help a lot too. What's your fert schedule?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
i have the same problems with plants not being as red as i would like. even plants that i buy that are red turn green in my tank with just red tips. i dose ei and have 4wpg t5ho.
i think its more a matter of limiting nutrients. kinda stress the plant,i think its that that makes it red.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
the plant looks healthy and beautiful to me, I would just leave it. some plants that have red to them can take a little while to adapt to your environment to show their true colors. Do you let them get really close or to the water line? they will start to show it then and will usually retain it once you trim them in my experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.